Climbing for Life Valloire-Galibier
After the delay in 2020, we are in 2021 ready for the 10th edition of Climbing for Life. With our Climbing for Life events, 2 every year, we succeed in finding a good balance between your passion for active holidays and raising money and awareness for charity.
Everybody who loves a great challenge, magnificent views and an unforgettable atmosphere should mark this event in their calendars!
What to expect on a Climbing for Life holiday?
- A 3-day holiday abroad with beautiful courses for cyclists, runners and hikers
- Refreshment stations and signage on every Climbing for Life course
- A 'pasta party', to recover from your achievement
- An afterparty to remember!
|Up to and including 31 May 2021:||€ 135|
You want to take the challenge with colleagues or friends? You can register as a group. Groups have the choice if they collect their participation package as 1 group, or that every group member comes to collect his/her own package.
- Climbing for Life jersey
- Climbing for Life Buff
- Goodie bag with sports nutrition, gadgets,...
- Organised cycling, running or hiking tours on Friday and Saturday
- Refreshment stations with water, sports nutrition, fruits,...
- Technical service
- Medical service
- Massage service
- Pasta Party
- After party
By signing up, you automatically agree with the general terms and conditions. (More info.)
General terms and conditions
You have registered for an event of GOLAZO SPORTS NV, having its registered office at Schoebroekstraat 8, 3583 Paal-Beringen, VAT BE 0442.115.211, hereinafter referred to as GOLAZO.
GOLAZO is your single point of contact for all your questions. GOLAZO can be reached every working day between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Telephone: 011/45.99.27 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Article 1. Registration
At the time of registering, the Participant declares to be at least 18 or to have his legal guardian's consent to register for the event.
The registration is only valid if the registration form has been completely and truthfully filled out, the registration fee and payment for extras have been paid in full and these general terms and conditions have been accepted.
Article 2. Right of withdrawal
The registration falls under Art. VI, 53, 12° WER for which the right of withdrawal is excluded. In case of non-participation, regardless of the reason, the registration fee and possible extras cannot be reclaimed.
Article 3. Cancellation of the event
If the event is cancelled on the grounds of exceptional circumstances, GOLAZO shall, in so far is possible, offer the participants an equivalent alternative in the form of the possibility to register for free for a new/the next edition of the same event, or another event of GOLAZO. For each event GOLAZO will decide which of these alternatives apply to the event.
Under no circumstance can GOLAZO be obliged to reimburse the registration fee and possible extras (such as merchandising, T-shirts, training schedule, charity, etc.).
Article 4. Participation
Participation in the event is only possible with a valid registration and if the following age requirements have been met:
- From 10 km: at least 12 years old at the time of participation
- From 21 km: at least 16 years old at the time of participation
- From 42 km: at least 18 years old at the time of participation
Participants under the age of 16 must always be accompanied by a person older than 18.
During the participation, proof of registration (number on chest, handle bars, wristband, etc.) must be visible at all times.
The participant shall always respect the environment. The participant shall look after his/her own safety and the other participants. Participants must follow the instructions of the organisation, medical teams and police.
Participants shall at all times wear a helmet during cycling events. The Highway Code needs to be respected.
The organisation reserves the right to exclude participants from participation who do not respect the provisions of these general terms and conditions or pose a danger to themselves or third parties.
Article 5. Prices
The specified prices are always in Euros and inclusive of VAT, unless explicitly specified otherwise.
Article 6. Payment
On registering, the participant must pay the full amount of the registration (registration fee and extras) using the provided online payment system.
GOLAZO believes it has taken all possible and relevant precautions and as such acts as a normal and diligent online-seller. Possible theft can therefore not be invoked against GOLAZO.
Article 7. Change of registration
Participants who want to transfer their registration for an event to another person can do so on the day of the event on-the-spot. The administrative cost as indicated on-the-spot is payable for this.
Participants who want to change the distance can do so on-the-spot, on the day of the event. The administrative cost as indicated on-the-spot is payable for this. If a supplement is owed for the newly chosen distance, this will also be charged.
Article 8. Healthy & safe sports
Participation requires good health. The participant declares to meet this condition. Before participation, the organisation recommends a preventive sports medical examination at a certified sports doctor.
Article 9. Personal details and intellectual property rights
All information of the participants is for GOLAZO's administration. GOLAZO and her partners will use the information for purposes of subscription to the Event and marketing and communication purposes. The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 relating to data processing lays down the access right to the data and the correction thereof. At all times the participant can request the correction of his/her personal data based on the contact details specified in these general terms and conditions.
Through your participation to the event you declare you agree with a possible use of your details, photograph or portrait right in print, film, video, etc. for promotional purposes of GOLAZO and its events, without claiming payment for this.
The participant states he/she is familiar with the fact that techniques may be used that allow his/her exact location to be tracked at any moment by picking up signals of the chip, included in the proof of participation which the participant is wearing. The participant gives consent to GOLAZO to make this information public so that it can be viewed by everyone.
The participant gives consent to GOLAZO to track his/her location real-time (live tracking) as described above, to save this data in a file, to provide it to third parties and to publish it online, through social media and mobile applications.
Article 10. Comments/complaints
Comments need to be submitted via one of the channels specified in the heading. GOLAZO shall always, in all reasonableness, try to treat every comment within 10 days upon receipt through one of the aforementioned channels. If this is not possible, it shall also be notified to the participant and an alternative timing is suggested.
Article 11. Validity of clauses
If one or a number of articles of these conditions are void or unlawful, for whatever reason, this does not prejudice the validity of the other parts of the conditions.
- For a group registration, you must have at least 10 people (across various distances); if you are with fewer persons, your group will be cancelled and you will lose the reservation.
- Group registrations may only be done using the official online registration module. Excel lists etc. are no longer accepted.
- On the registration form, you must first create a group. You will then receive an e-mail with your group name and group code. (You can manage the group at all times with the help of this code and your chosen password (do not forget this!)). Subsequently, you can add or remove participants. Only the group leader may validate participants. You can add as many participants to your group as you wish.
- Registrations can be collected as a single package (all together) or individually. Please clearly indicate this on the registration form. If you choose to collect all race numbers together, this can only be done by the group leader. For individual collections, all participants will receive a separate confirmation e-mail with all information required to successfully collect their race number.
- Once the group is complete, the group leader must pay for the entire group. Registrations are confirmed only when the group has been submitted and paid for. At this time, NO CHANGES may be made to your group. Subsequently, changes to your group can only be made on-the-spot at the registration stand. For this, an administration fee of 5 eur will be charged per change made.
- The registrations are closed.
- CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE REGISTRATION MODULE
On Friday 18 June, you'll have the chance to discover some new climbs: Col du Mollard, Col du Glandon, Montée de la Toussuire or the Lacets de Montvernier.
On Saturday 19 June, the Col du Galibier is our central theme of the day. You can choose between a few challenges:
- Col du Galibier (from Valloire)
- Col du Galibier from Valloire, and Galibier Sud from Lautaret
- Col du Télégraphe from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to the top of Col du Galibier, with the possibility to add the Galibier sud from Lautaret
- One of the challenges above, combined with the Montée de Valmeinier.
You can consult the course maps here
Col du Mollard
42 km - 1366hm
Col du Galibier
Col du Mollard - Lacets des Montvernier
89 km - 2640hm
Télégraphe + Col du Galibier
Col du Mollard - Toussuire - Lacets de Montvernier
118 km - 3551 hm
Télégraphe + Col du Galibier + Col du Galibier via Lautaret
51km - 2702 hm
Full Monty : Télégraphe + Valmenier + Col du Galibier + Col du Galibier via Lautaret - 65,4km - 3025hm
Thursday 17 June:
- Collection of participation packages
- Free rides
Friday 18 June:
- Collection of participation packages
- Organised cycling tours:
- Col du Mollard - 42km
- Col du Mollard + Lacets des Montvernier - 89km
- Col du Mollard + Toussuire + Lacets de Montvernier - 118km
Saturday 19 June:
- Organised cycling tours with the ascent of the 'Col du Galibier
- Col du Galibier 18,5km
- Télégraphe + Col du Galibier 35km
- Télégraphe + Galibier + Lautaret + Galibier 51km
- Télégraphe + Valmenier + Galibier + Lautaret + Galibier 65,4km
- Pasta Party in Valloire
- After party in Valloire
Collection of participation packages : l'Avenue de la Vallée d'Or, Valloire
Friday's start and finish: Sports hall Villargondran
Saturday start: Valloire or Saint-Michel de Maurienne
Saturday finish: top Galibier
Climbing for Life offers the possibility to take an accidents and travel insurance.
This insurance can be purchased together with your event registration and is valid between Wednesday 16 June and Sunday 20 June (5 days).
COST: 23.5 euros per person
Attention! Material damages are not covered.
The overview of guarantees and insured amounts can be consulted here.
Climbing for Life offers you the possibility to opt for a cancellation policy.
This additional service gives you the possibility to claim the paid registration fee until the 20th of May 2021, free of charge. Any payments made to Energy Lab, the cancellation insurance (this being € 5), and travel costs will not be refunded.
Climbing for Life offers challenges for cyclists of all levels, although some cycling experience is necessary. Of course, a cycling tour in the alps differs from a tour in 'flatter' countries such as Belgium or the Netherlands.
We use a 'star system' to indicate the difficuly level of our courses:
- 1* - easy: a flat or rolling course that should be possible for everyone with some cycling experience.
- 2* - intermediate: a longer, rolling to moderately hilly course, for cyclists with some experience who are not afraid of a hilly ride.
- 3* - heavy: a longer, hilly course, for cyclists who have plenty of experience on hilly courses and cycling tours in the mountains.
- 4* - very heavy: a long hilly course for cyclists that are capable to ride longer climbs (ca. 15kms) and steeper climbs (up to 15%)
- 5* - extremely heavy: For very experienced riders with enough power and stamina to overcome long (>15km) and steep (up to 24%) climbs.
The good cause of Climbing for Life Valloire Galibier is 'Diabetes Liga'/'ABD'
With Climbing for Life, we want to conduct awareness for diabetes (type 1 and 2) and show society that exercise leads to an increased health. With good support and medical supervision, patients with diabetes are perfectly capable to accomplish sportive challenges.
TEAM CLIMBING FOR LIFE
12 ambassadors with (a high risk to get) diabetes will participate in Climbing for Life. For 6 months, they will be supervised by a physical coach, nutrition coach and a medical staff to prepare themselves to achieve a sportive challenge, of which they never thought they would be capable of. Our ambassadors represent Diabetes Liga and ABD, raise funding and want to inspire people with their stories.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO CHARITY
By participating in Climbing for Life, you support our ambassadors of Team Climbing for Life. A part of your registrations fee will be donated to the associations Diabetes Liga and ABD. More information about the associations:
We are very much interested in how you have experienced our event. Please send us your remarks, reactions or ideas.
We would love to hear from you.
T: 0032 11 45 99 00